How to Create a Lawyer Website
Like any other corporate organization, one of the best ways to present your law firm is to create a website. Creating a lawyer website will help potential clients discover your company and find vital information about you. If you intend to start up a practice, a small law firm, or you already run one, it is time to create a website for your law firm. This article will discuss why you should create a law firm website and how to create a website for a law firm.
Why Do Lawyers Need a Website?
If you are considering creating a website for your law firm but are not totally convinced, this section is for you. Nowadays, many people believe that it is essential to have a website but you may not share the same opinion. This section aims to explain why you need a website for your law firm.
Clients Can Find Your Law Firm Easily
With the advent of technology, people only need to sit on their couch and access information without stress. Even if people already know about your firm, they are very likely to check your website before contacting you. Creating a website for your firm will help your clients to learn more about the services you offer. It may also help you in attracting more clients.
Clients Can Find Your Law Firm Easily
The business of law is a very competitive one. It is therefore essential for your clients to understand the services you provide in contrast to your competitors. You can list these services on your website, and you might even bring in new clients.
It Provides a Medium of Communication
Your potential clients, business partners, or major stakeholders will most likely be searching for information when they visit your website. This could be a phone number, email address, or office address. With a website, this information can be stored and updated subsequently.
Your Website Is Your Salesperson That Never Takes a Break
Another reason why you need a website is that it is always active 24/7. It works around the clock and it is always there to meet and greet new and returning visitors who are checking out your law firm online.
It Is Essential for Any Online Marketing
If you plan to leverage any form of digital marketing, a website is a very critical component of your law firm’s marketing and sales channel. You could utilize various mediums such as pay-per-click advertising, social media marketing, blogging, and search engine optimization (SEO).
Main Benefits of Law Firm Website
Creating a modern law firm website has enormous benefits. Even if you are not tech-savvy, you can create a DIY website using various modern technologies online. Below are some major benefits attached to building and maintaining your website, as opposed to outsourcing.
Creating Your Website Saves Costs
This is by far the most significant benefit of creating your website by yourself. A good web design could cost thousands of dollars to build upfront and several hundreds of dollars for monthly maintenance when outsourced. For a solo or small practice, these operational and maintenance costs could eat into your revenue. This is why DIY websites can be a great alternative as it is far cheaper.
It Saves Time
Outsourcing your professional website to web development agencies usually takes a lot of time. Your website could take several weeks to a couple of months to complete. With a DIY website template, you can have your website in lesser time.
There Exists a Business Advantage
Since web development agencies cater to different organizations, you might have to spend hours or days explaining what your law firm does. With a DIY website template, you would know what your customers want and how best to serve them. You will also be in a better position to make technical decisions that align with your set objectives.
Your website is easier to update
As your law business expands, you might want to update some information on your website. It could be pretty tough to contact your web development agency to make changes to your website from time to time. Waiting for the implementation of these changes could be more challenging.
With a DIY website, you can update your website in a matter of minutes without having to rely on outside help.
Checklist on How to Create Website for a Law Firm
- Domain Name. When you want to create a website for your law firm, the first thing you need to do is to get a domain name. A domain name is the address of your website that people type into the URL bar to access your website.
- Hosting Provider. A web-hosting provider is a company that enables your law firm’s business to make its website available through the World Wide Web. Hosting providers, such as WordPress hosting, are explicitly optimized for website performance, security needs, installation, and onboarding processes.
- Law Website Builder. There are many website builders such as WordPress, Squarespace, and Lawlytics, but we recommend WordPress because it is easy to use and user-friendly. To utilize the complete WordPress package, you need to install WordPress software. Once you have downloaded and installed the software, you can enjoy the full capabilities of the WordPress CMS platform. The flexibility of this software allows you to choose from numerous law firm website WordPress templates, themes, and plugins.
- Using Branding Colors. Your branding color describes the look and feel of your website. The overall aim is to give your clients a fantastic experience when they visit your website. Your choice of color will generally be influenced by what type of law you practice. For instance, if your firm handles business law matters, you might want to choose gray, white, black, and dark blue. A firm that focuses on criminal defense might consider choosing a more aggressive color scheme like black and red.
- Marketing Law Firm Website. You can do many things to market your law firm website online. You can use legal directories to generate business leads for your law firm. Publishing legal articles on your website is also another way to market your law firm’s website. You can also employ pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and use AdWords for your law firm website. You can also advertise your law firm’s website by using social media sites.
Using Law Firm Website WordPress Templates to Create Website
When you looking how to create a lawyer website and don’t know where to start, use templates. Using WordPress.org (not WordPress.com) will give you access to all of WordPress’ features and functionality. Some of the best WordPress themes you can use for your law firm website include:
- Ultra: This is a beautiful all-purpose WordPress theme that includes a template for lawyers and legal firms.
- Astra: It is a WordPress multipurpose theme for any website. This theme is fast, lightweight, and SEO-friendly.
- Divi: This is a popular WordPress theme and a WordPress page builder plugin. It offers multiple templates for law firms and legal agencies.
What Should a Lawyer Website Include?
The homepage should display your firm’s name, brand logo, core mission and vision statements, and a compelling message that encourages your visitors to seek legal aid. The rest of the page should highlight the law firm’s key partners, notable achievements, credentials, and legal services you provide. You should include clear navigational links and CTAs to other important pages on the site.
In the services page, you should detail the area of legal practice that you specialize in i.e. corporate law, family law, criminal law, etc. If you specialize in multiple areas, then you should include links to individual landing pages for each practice area.
The about page is where you provide your experience, education and credentials. You should include a profile of each lawyer in your law firm. This will encourage new visitors to trust in your capabilities and hire you to represent them.
Contact Us Page
The Contact Us Page is to enable your site visitors book a consultation, or make enquiries about your services. It should include a contact form, email address, social media handles, contact address, and details of when you will respond.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Law Firm Website?
This could depend on a number of factors, but to design a professional website for solo or small law firm ranges between $1,500 – $4,000 while the range for mid-sized firms is between $5,000 to $20,000.
What should be included on a law firm website?
A typical lawyer website should include the homepage, services page, about page and contact us page. Lawyer profiles, company credentials and achievements as well as compelling messages should be included on the website.
How to market a small law firm?
In order to market a solo law firm website online, you can use social media tools, pay-per-click advertising, lawyer AdWords, publishing legal articles and blog posts.
How do I set up a law firm website?
To set up a law firm, you can make use of numerous online templates but we recommend using WordPress. It is easy to use and user-friendly. It is also replete with several features and functionalities.